Image courtesy of Green Ornstein Words by Curmudgeon Film Talk . SETTLE DOWN CLASS. …ehem… Sorry, I’ve always wanted to say that. In either case, welcome to Detective Writing 101 . Today, we’re going to be taking a peruse through a few trademarks of a great detective story . I’ll be your professor, Dr. Curmudgeon . Except I don’t have a Master’s Degree yet, so I’m not a professor. Nor do I have a doctorate, so the proper title would be Mr. Curmudgeon. But I have a blog, and I complain about movies on the internet. That’s basically the same as having a PhD, right? If you’re familiar with my writing – which might be unlikely , since Curmudgeon Media’s collective following consists of an old man who lives in my crawl space, my dog, and a boiled egg – you may have noticed that I’m big on film noir . When I say “big on film noir,” I of course mean that I will shoehorn it into any conversation, and if I could materialise its essence and inject it directly int...
Comments
Post a Comment